Accounting (Accounts Receivable) Clerk
The Accounts Receivable Clerk position assists in the day-to-day bookkeeping duties of Accurate Background, which involves Accounts Receivable and general cash management. This position needs to have a good understanding of accounting procedures and experience in the area of collections.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Maintains Accounts Receivables.
• Calls on past due accounts and maintains a log of calls in QuickBooks Notes.
• Prepare a monthly detail analysis of the Accounts Receivable past due accounts. This analysis will include a narrative analysis detailing the account status and standing.
• Prepares daily bank deposits and records the deposits in QuickBooks.
• Creates Credit Card Invoicing schedule. This schedule will be used to receive payment as they are remitted to the bank from the merchant services account.
• Researches and approves new customer’s credit applications. Monitors and logs the status and days it takes to prepare and process a new account set-up. Creates detail customer file which includes a signed client agreement and all applicable paperwork.
• Maintains customer information in QuickBooks and the internal system (under the direction of the Accounting Manager).
• Prepares invoices in QuickBooks and mails invoices to customers in a timely and expeditious manner.
• Prepares and distributes daily court checks as needed.
Knowledge, Education and Skills:
• Proficiency in general accounting skill a must.
• Strong conceptual understanding of accounting highly desirable.
• Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be experienced in MS Excel.
• Ability and willingness to learn in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Ability to effectively perform multiple job functions to meet deadlines.
• Should have 2+ years accounting experience.
• Must be able to set priorities and focus on what is most important.
This is a non-exempt, full-time position.